Support for "The 28th Southeast Asian Games" to be held in Singapore
April 8, 2015
Kubota Corporation (Head Office: Naniwa-ku, Osaka, Japan, President and Representative Director: Masatoshi Kimata) will be an official sponsor supporting "The 28th Southeast Asian Games (Abbreviated the SEA Games)" to be held in Singapore from the 5th to 16th June, 2015.
- Purpose of the support
- The brand statement declared for the Kubota Group around the world is "For Earth, For Life" and the business of the Group is being developed to find solutions to issues in the areas of "food", "water", and "the environment", which are indispensable for human beings.
- The Southeast Asia region where the games are held is a key region for the Kubota Group and we have worked for many years at the mechanization of agriculture and the improvement of the water and environment in the region. The Group currently has business bases in the host country Singapore and also in Thailand, Vietnam, Indonesia, Malaysia, Myanmar and the Philippines.
- The "SEA Games" have been held every two years since 1959 with the goals of friendship, understanding and peace in the Southeast Asia region and the furtherance of the Olympic movement. It is the largest sports event in the region and attracts the attention of more than 600 million people from the various countries.
- Through the support for the Games, the Kubota Group will support the exchanges and development in the societies of the region through sport and will also aim to further raise the recognition of the Kubota brand in Southeast Asia.
- Details of the support
- Through the support provided as an official sponsor, the brand logo will be published on signboards inside and outside the competition venues, in pamphlets, on posters and in television commercials. It will also be distributed widely outside of the host country, such as in the promoter's publicity, announcement advertising and official website.
- The scenes of the opening and closing ceremonies and the competition events will be broadcast on television in the eleven participating countries and also on the official YouTube channel. We hope that the exposure for the brand logo will lead to improved recognition among the many viewers in each country.
- Outline of the "SEA Games Singapore"
(1) Period June 5 - 16, 2015 at locations in Singapore (*The previous Games were held in Myanmar in 2013) (2) Participating countries 11 countries of Southeast Asia (Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand, Vietnam, Indonesia, Philippines, Myanmar, Laos, Cambodia, Brunei, and East Timor) (3) Competition events Approximately 30 events (such as athletics, swimming, soccer and rugby and also traditional Southeast Asian sports such as sepak takraw and petanque)