KUBOTA's rugby club "Spears" is implementing the following social contribution activities.
As for the latest social contribution activities implemented by Spears, click here.(The linked website of "Spears" is in Japanese.)
1. "Rugby Festival"
① Funabashi Rugby Festival
KUBOTA Spears organizes the Funabashi Rugby Festival at their home ground of Funabashi City, Chiba Prefecture, in order to interact with local residents and rugby fans. Everyone is welcome to this event. About 850 people participated in this event in 2011.
* The picture shows the event held in 2010
② Kansai Rugby Festival
We held a communication event with rugby fans in the Kansai region, which was the first time for us in the region.
* Held in June 2010 at Sakai Soccer National Training Center in Osaka Prefecture(J-GREEN･SAKAI)
2. Coaching rugby techniques
KUBOTA Spears provides coaching for rugby techniques for children and young people ranging between elementary school children to high school students at it home ground and in the neighboring region of the team's training camp site. Also, we have been instructing tag rugby for children and touch rugby women can play with ease, and visiting elementary schools to give children extra lessons.
* The picture is from Ichikawa City, Chiba Pref., Mar. 2009
3. Participating in National Road Safety Campaign
The players participated in the "National Traffic Safety Campaign and Traffic Safety Campaign on the Streets" by the Tokyo Metropolitan Police Department to cooperate with call for traffic safety and no accident and violation.
* The picture shows the players participating in the campaign at Chuo-ku, Tokyo in May., 2011
4. Participating in regional cleaning activities
We are participating in the local cleaning activities periodically in Funabashi city, our home ground.
* The picture shows the players participating in the cleaning activity held in Funabashi City, Chiba Pref., Nov. 2010
5. Can pull-tabs collection activity
We collect and sell pull-tabs of cans our audience bring in to the game site, and donate the sales to "Vaccines for the World's Children, Japan Committee" in order to help the improvement of medical care provided in the developing countries.
6. Support and cooperation for the areas stricken by the Great East Japan Earthquake
We are participating in the "Oval Heart Fund Raising Campaign" implemented by the Top East teams, so we are collecting money in game sites. The collected money is used, via the Japan Rugby Football Union, for supporting affected rugby families (prefectural rugby unions, teams, schools, etc.) and rugby related reconstruction support activities. Also, we are cooperating with the reconstruction of rugby club activities by contributing used rugby goods to the rugby clubs of high schools and junior high schools in the earthquake-stricken areas.